Do You Need Help Paying Your Health Insurance Premium?
The Health Insurance Marketplace is a government website where you can buy health insurance. You will pay a premium (monthly payment) for your health insurance.
Silver Access is a DuPage Health Coalition Program that can help you pay your premium. Silver Access is not health insurance.
Based on income and family size, applicants may qualify for ACA premium assistance up to $150 per person per month.
Maximum Income Guidelines(before taxes)
|Family Size||Per Month||Per Year|
|Each additional person||$720||$8,640|
Do I Qualify?
To qualify, you must meet the following guidelines:
- Must be able to enroll in health insurance from the ACA marketplace
- Must be a legal US resident or citizen living in DuPage County, Illinois
- Must NOT qualify for Medicaid or Medicare
- Must meet program income guidelines (See Chart)
Steps to Apply
Buy and enroll in Health Insurance from www.Healthcare.gov
Choose a Silver Level Plan* with Cost Sharing Reduction (CSR)
*Bronze or Gold Plans may have alternative assistance options
Select a plan from one of the following insurance companies:
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Use your entire Advanced Premium Tax Credit (APTC)
Once I Am Approved for the Program
Silver Access members will receive up to $150/month per member of premium assistance for the remaining months of 2019.
- Once you are approved for Silver Access you will be asked to set up a payment plan (or pay in full) for your portion of your health insurance costs.
- Most members will be asked to pay for one to two months of their premium cost, plus any cost greater than $150 per member per month. See chart below for more information.
- Silver Access will pay your monthly premium payments directly to the health insurance company.
- Silver Access will not pay your out of pocket costs such as copayments — those are your responsibility.
Silver Access will ask you to set up a payment plan for (or pay in full) your portion of your health insurance costs. Payments need to be set up before Silver Access enrollment will become effective. Most members will be asked to pay for one to two months of their premium cost, plus any cost greater than $150 per member per month. See chart below for more information.
|1 Month of Premium Costs||1.5 Months of Premium Costs||2 Months of Premium Costs|
|0 - 100 % FPL||101 - 150 % FPL||151 - 200 % FPL|
|Family Size||Max. Yearly Income ($)||Max. Yearly Income ($)||Max. Yearly Income ($)|
|1||Up to 12,140||Up to 18,210||Up to 24,280|
Monthly Payment Plans
- Good news . . . Paying your 1st month premium payment to your insurance company counts as payment
- Monthly payments divide costs into smaller amounts
- No fees or interest
- Automatic payment from debit/credit card
- To set up payments by phone please call Silver Access
- You can mail checks payable to DuPage Health Coalition
- You can come to the Silver Access office M-F 8-4 to pay in person