A program that provides financial help to families purchasing health insurance on the Affordable Care Act Healthcare Marketplace.
If you are struggling to pay your insurance premium, we may be able to help.
Silver Access is a DuPage Health Coalition Program that can help you pay your Healthcare Marketplace premium. Silver Access is not health insurance. The Health Insurance Marketplace is a government website where you can buy health insurance. You will pay a premium (monthly payment) for your health insurance. Based on income and family size, applicants may qualify for ACA premium assistance up to $150 per person per month.
Missed the 2023 Open Enrollment Period?
If you were unable to get or change health insurance coverage for 2023, you may be able to obtain or adjust your coverage through a Special Enrollment Period (SEP). These periods are time outside the yearly Open Enrollment Period when you can sign up for health insurance. You may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period if your income qualifies (is under 150% FPL) or if you’ve had certain life events, such as losing health coverage, moving, getting married, having a baby, or adopting a child.
Click here to see a full list of life changes that could make you eligible for a Special Enrollment Period or answer a few questions here to see if you qualify. Depending on your Special Enrollment Period type, you may have 60 days before or 60 days following the event to enroll in a plan. If you are eligible for Medicaid or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), you may enroll in these programs at any time.
Do I Qualify?
To qualify, you must meet these guidelines:
- Must be able to enroll in health insurance from the ACA marketplace.
- Must be a legal US resident or citizen living in DuPage County, Illinois.
- Must NOT qualify for Medicaid or Medicare.
- Must meet program income guidelines (see chart).
Healthcare Provider Insurance Participation Tool
Maximum Income Guidelines (before tax)*
|Family Size||Monthly Income||Yearly Income|
|Each additional person||$1,071||$12,850|
*Income guidelines effective in the 2023 calendar year.
Steps to Apply
1. Apply and enroll in Health Insurance from the Healthcare Marketplace at www.healthcare.gov.
2. Choose a Silver Level Plan* with Cost Sharing Reduction (CSR).
3. Use your entire Advanced Premium Tax Credit (APTC).
4. Select a plan from one of the following insurance companies: Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Ambetter/Celtic, Oscar and UnitedHealth.
5. Apply for Silver Access here, or click the button on this page titled “2023 Application”.
*Bronze or Gold Plans may have alternative assistance options
Submit a One-Time Payment Members can make a onetime payment for their FULL outstanding balance (click here)
Set up a Monthly Payment Plan (click here)
- Members can divide their outstanding balance by 10 or 11 months (If policy starts 1/1)
- There are NO fees or interest charges
- Monthly payment plans will automatically charge to your credit or debit card on the same day each month
Ways to Make Payments
Online: Submit a payment online using a debit or credit card
By Mail: Make check payable to DuPage Health Coalition and mail to: DuPage Health Coalition, 511 Thornhill Dr. Suite C, Carol Stream, IL 60188
In person at our office: 511 Thornhill Drive, Suite C, Carol Stream. We are ONLY accepting card or check payments (no cash)
Tuesday – Thursday, 8am-12pm & 1pm-4pm
...Once you are approved for Silver Access
Silver Access members will receive up to $150/month per member of premium assistance for the remaining months of 2023.
- Once you are approved for Silver Access you will be asked to set up a payment plan (or pay in full) for your portion of your health insurance costs.*
- Most members will be asked to pay for one to three months of their premium cost, plus any cost greater than $150 per member per month. See the chart below for more information.
- All members must attend one Silver Access Orientation.
- Silver Access will pay your monthly premium payments directly to the health insurance company.
- Silver Access will not pay your out of pocket costs such as copayments — those are your responsibility.
*Payments need to be set up before Silver Access enrollment will become effective.
Silver Access will ask you to set up a payment plan for (or pay in full) your portion of your health insurance costs. Payments need to be set up before Silver Access enrollment will become effective. Most members will be asked to pay for one to three months of their premium cost, plus any cost greater than $150 per member per month. See the chart below for more information.
|1 Month of Premium Costs||2 Months of Premium Costs||3 Months of Premium Costs|
|0 - 100 % FPL||101 - 150 % FPL||151 - 250 % FPL|
|Family Size||Max. Yearly Income ($)||Max. Yearly Income ($)||Max. Yearly Income ($)|
|1||Up to $14,580||Up to $21,870||Up to $36,450|
|Each Additional Person||$5,140||$7,710||$12,850|
Make a ONE-TIME Payment Here
Set-up MONTHLY Payments Here
Need assistance for enrollment in Marketplace and Silver Access? Schedule your appointment below! Insert your zip code and an assister nearest to you will be first on the list. If you want to schedule an appointment directly with Vanessa Corpus, scroll down until you find “DHC – Silver Access”