A program that provides financial help to families purchasing health insurance on the Affordable Care Act Healthcare Marketplace.
If you are struggling to pay your insurance premium, we may be able to help.
Silver Access is a DuPage Health Coalition Program that can help you pay your Healthcare Marketplace premium. Silver Access is not health insurance. The Health Insurance Marketplace is a government website where you can buy health insurance. You will pay a premium (monthly payment) for your health insurance. Based on income and family size, applicants may qualify for ACA premium assistance up to $150 per person per month.
In 6 years SA has grown 458%. In our first year, Silver Access served 175 members. This year we’ve already served 802 members. 1 in 5 live on an annual income at or below the poverty line.
هل أنا مؤهل؟
للتأهل ، يجب أن تستوفي الإرشادات التالية:
- Must be able to enroll in health insurance from the ACA marketplace.
- Must be a legal US resident or citizen living in DuPage County, Illinois.
- Must NOT qualify for Medicaid or Medicare.
- Must meet program income guidelines (see chart).
Healthcare Provider Insurance Participation Tool
إرشادات الحد الأقصى للدخل (قبل الضريبة) *
|حجم الأسرة||الدخل الشهري||الدخل السنوي|
|كل شخص إضافي||$787||$9,440|
* تسري إرشادات الدخل في السنة التقويمية 2022.
Steps to Apply
1. Buy and enroll in Health Insurance from the Healthcare Marketplace at www.healthcare.gov.
2. Choose a Silver Level Plan* with Cost Sharing Reduction (CSR).
3. Use your entire Advanced Premium Tax Credit (APTC).
4. Select a plan from one of the following insurance companies: Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Ambetter/Celtic.
5. Apply for Silver Access here, or click the button on this page titled “2022 Application”.
*Bronze or Gold Plans may have alternative assistance options
...Once you are approved for Silver Access
Silver Access members will receive up to $150/month per member of premium assistance for the remaining months of 2022.
- Once you are approved for Silver Access you will be asked to set up a payment plan (or pay in full) for your portion of your health insurance costs.
- Most members will be asked to pay for one to three months of their premium cost, plus any cost greater than $150 per member per month. See the chart below for more information.
- All members must attend one Silver Access Orientation.
- Silver Access will pay your monthly premium payments directly to the health insurance company.
- Silver Access will not pay your out of pocket costs such as copayments — those are your responsibility.
Silver Access will ask you to set up a payment plan for (or pay in full) your portion of your health insurance costs. Payments need to be set up before Silver Access enrollment will become effective. Most members will be asked to pay for one to three months of their premium cost, plus any cost greater than $150 per member per month. See the chart below for more information.
|1 Month of Premium Costs||2 Months of Premium Costs||3 Months of Premium Costs|
|0 - 100 % FPL||101 - 150 % FPL||151 - 200 % FPL|
|حجم الأسرة||Max. Yearly Income ($)||Max. Yearly Income ($)||Max. Yearly Income ($)|
|1||Up to $13,590||Up to $20,385||Up to $27,180|
Monthly Payment Plans
- Good news! Paying your first monthly premium to your insurance company counts as payment
- Monthly payments divide costs into smaller amounts
- No fees or interest
- Automatic payment from debit/credit card
- To set up payments by phone please call Silver Access
- You can mail checks payable to DuPage Health Coalition
- You can come to the Silver Access office M-F 8-4 to pay in person
Make a ONE-TIME Payment Here
Set-up a MONTHLY Payment Here
Missed the 2022 Open Enrollment Period?
If you were unable to get or change health insurance coverage for 2022, you may be able to obtain or adjust your coverage through a Special Enrollment Period (SEP). These periods are time outside the yearly Open Enrollment Period when you can sign up for health insurance. You may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period if your income qualifies (is under 150% FPL) or if you’ve had certain life events, such as losing health coverage, moving, getting married, having a baby, or adopting a child.
Click هنا to see a full list of life changes that could make you eligible for a Special Enrollment Period or answer a few questions هنا to see if you qualify. Depending on your Special Enrollment Period type, you may have 60 days before or 60 days following the event to enroll in a plan. If you are eligible for Medicaid or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), you may enroll in these programs at any time.
Need some help with enrollment? Due to COVID-19, our office is only accepting remote appointments at this time. All appointments will be over a Zoom meeting and will be scheduled in 1.5 hour time slots. Schedule a Zoom Appointment here: